The Regional Recycling Program is now up and running as of May 15, 2009! Bins are located at the new Town Public Works Shop at 4406-62A Avenue, east of Pollard Banknote as well as at the Barrhead Regional Landfill.
To help get the program off on the right foot, the key products that will be collected by the Recycle Program include the following items:
- Cardboard - Corrugated, cereal boxes (flattened, bundled or bagged). No wax boxes.
- Paper - Newsprint, magazines, catalogues, white or coloured ledger paper and computer paper.
- Tin - Soup cans, juice cans, pet food cans, etc. (cleaned, rinsed and labels removed).
- Plastics - All plastic ... #1-#7 (cleaned and rinsed), includes milk jugs, yogurt containers, any refundable plastic and juice boxes. NO PLASTIC BAGS, WRAP OR STYROFOAM.
- Electronics - Accept all electronics, computers, computer accessories for recycling at no cost. Only being accepted at the Regional Landfill until further notice.
- No glass is being accepted at this time.