Parks & Recreation Special Needs Program Assistant Needed
POSITION: Parks & Recreation Summer Special Needs Program AssistantSummary:
Summer employment opportunities exist for five (1) Parks and Recreation Summer Program staff in the Town of Barrhead. These are temporary positions as outlined below:
Special Needs Program Assistant (1 position): Post-secondary students are preferred. This is a temporary position from July 2020 until August 2020 inclusive.
Details & Duties:
- Assist with budgeting, promoting, implementing, and evaluating programs for children of all ages
- Assist with special events as held throughout the summer
- Assist with inventory control and organization of summer program supplies
- Ensure the safety of all summer program participants
- Work in a team setting as well as independently with minimum supervision
- In addition to the duties above, the Senior Summer Program Leader position will be responsible for program planning and developing the summer program guide
- In addition to the duties above, the Special Needs Program Assistant position will assist children with physical and/or cognitive disabilities with participating in the summer programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be energetic and creative
- Have sufficient stamina and strength to do the requirements of the posting
- Experience with children is preferred
- A valid class 5 drivers license is considered an asset
- Provide a criminal record check and Vulnerable Sector check
- First Aid & CPR Certification is required for the Special Needs Program Assistant positions.
Hours of Work:
40hrs/week of shift work. Day shifts including some evening or weekend shifts as required.
$17.00 - $19.50 per hour
Until suitable candidate found.
Post-secondary students are defined as individuals who are currently full time students (either high school or post-secondary) and are enrolled as full time students for the 2020-2021 academic year in a post-secondary institution within the Province of Alberta. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest.
Submit your application and/or resume to:
Linda Prokott, Parks & Recreation Coordinator
PO Box 4112
Barrhead, AB, T7N 1A1
Or email email@example.com
Or in person at 5609-47 Street (Barrhead Regional Aquatics Centre)
Or through the form below