Recycling & Composting
Recycling Bins are located at:
Town Public Works Shop
4406 62A Avenue
Products that will be collected by the Recycle Program include the following items:
- Cardboard Corrugated, cereal boxes (flattened, bundled or bagged). No wax boxes.
- Paper Newsprint, magazines, catalogues, white or coloured ledger paper and computer paper.
- Tin Soup cans, juice cans, pet food cans, etc. (cleaned, rinsed and labels removed).
- Plastics All plastic #1-#7 (cleaned and rinsed), includes milk jugs, yogourt containers, any refundable plastic and juice boxes. NO PLASTIC BAGS, WRAP OR STYROFOAM
- Electronics Although we accept all electronics, computers, computer accessories for recycling at no cost, they can only be accepted at the Barrhead Regional Landfill.
- No glass is being accepted at this time. Visit the Barrhead Bottle Depot at 6115 47 Street to dispose of your glass items.
All landscaping materials such as grass clippings and tree trimmings are welcome to:
Barrhead Composting Lot
4515 61 Avenue
East of the Firehall