Enforcement Services & By-Laws

Enforcement Services

Enforcement Services is responsible for the enforcement of municipal by-laws along with the Traffic Safety Act and other specified Provincial Acts. The Peace Officer is responsible for enforcing bylaws, and investigates concerns and complaints such as parking violations, animal control, noise complaints, property standards issues, property signs and several other Municipal Bylaws  set out by the Town of Barrhead pursuant to the Municipal Government Act.

Connect with our Community Peace Officer:

Community Peace Officer
Brandon Johnson

I got a bylaw ticket.  What do I do now?

Have you received a bylaw ticket and are unsure of what to do if you wish to contest it? To schedule a court date to contest this ticket, contact:

Driessen De Rudder Law Office
5017 50 Ave,
Barrhead, AB T7N 1A2
Brant De Rudder 780-674-2276


Can I pay my ticket online?

The Town of Barrhead is now accepting credit card payments using OptionPay - a third party software provider.  OptionPay offers another convenient method of payment for Town of Barrhead Enforcement (bylaw) ticket fines. Click the OptionPay image below to enter the payment portal.

*This system is only for tickets issued by the Town of Barrhead and not provincial tickets.

Click here to read OptionPay FAQs.

By-laws complaints

The best way to file a complaint or inform Barrhead Enforcement Services about any issues is to email us here. Our Community Peace Officer or designate will respond to complaints made within 48 business hours.

Animal control

Emergency situations in which any human could be harmed by an animal, such as:

  • an animal is wandering in traffic, or
  • a vicious animal is at large

Immediately contact Barrhead Enforcement Services at 780-674-3301.

If you are unable to contact Barrhead Enforcement Services, please contact the Barrhead RCMP at 780-674-4848. An animal at large does not constitute an emergency. Any dog found after hours can be taken to the Barrhead Veterinary Clinic, 780-674-5335.

By-Laws & Policies

This section contains folders with our most up to date By-laws and Policies. The Bylaws folder has information in PDF form about the various bylaws which include Animal Control, Noise, Traffic, Bullying, Business, and many more. Although Land Use Bylaw information can be found here, the most comprehensive list of documents, including maps, can be found on our Planning & Development Page. In the Policies folder, our Public Participation Policy, and Website Policy can both be found.