It’s time that your dog has his day – at Barrhead’s off-leash dog park! This fully secured park is located across the parking lot from the Splash Park, on the south side of the ball diamonds. This park is roughly 2.5 acres of fenced space for your pup to play safely off leash. We haven’t forgotten about out littlest canines; they have their own secured area to stretch their legs in case hanging with the big guys is a bit too much.
Manicured grass, tall trees, benches for owners to rest, and multiple waste stations can be found throughout the park making it easy for owners to keep the park clean for all users. Be aware that there are some rules to follow when using the park and all users must ensure their dog is licensed with the Town of Barrhead.
- Have collars or harness on at all times while using the dog park.
- Remain on leash at all times outside of off leash area.
- Remain under the care and control of owner.
- Remain in range of audible command and come when called.
- Not chase, harass, bother, interfere or attack other persons or domestic animals.
- No dangerous dogs permitted under Town of Barrhead Bylaw 01-2013 Section 7.
- Remove defecation immediately and properly dispose of it.
- Off leash does not mean out of control.
- All dogs visiting the dog park must be up to date on vaccinations.
- Dogs in heat should be left home.
- Respect the hours of operation of 6am-10pm
This park is a pilot project for our community and its future depends on responsible users and pet owners. Please clean up after your pet and respect the posted rules & regulations. Use of the Barrhed Dog Park is at your own risk. If you have questions about the park, contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 780-674-2532 or firstname.lastname@example.org.