- The Town of Barrhead, also referred to as "Town" recognizes that the privacy and confidentiality of a person's personal information is important. All personal information is managed according to the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Section 33(c). This means that:
a) You will be informed, at the point of collection, that your personal information is being collected and the purpose for which it is being collected;
b) You have a right of access to your information;
c) You have control over how the Town obtains, uses, and discloses your personal information;
d) All uses of information are subject to you not having refused or withdrawn consent, unless disclosure is made for legal purposes.
- Even if you do nothing more during your visit than browse through the website, read pages, or download information, please be aware that the Town automatically gathers and stores certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. The Town collects and stores only the following information about your visit:
a) The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access Town websites;
b) The type of browser and operating system used to access Town sites;
c) The date and time you access Town sites;
d) The pages you visit on Town sites; and
e) If you are linked to Town websites from another website, the address of that website.
The Town uses this information to help us make our sites more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our sites and the types of technology our visitors use. The Town does not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
- You have the ability to limit or withdraw your consent. In general, you can choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information. You can also withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information provided you give us at least sixty (60) days written notice, and the following does not apply:
a) Your consent does not relate to payment of monies you owe to us;
b) Withdrawing your consent does not prevent us from fulfilling a requested service or obligation; and
c) There are no regulatory or legal requirements for the use of your personal information.
- The Town is committed to maintaining the accuracy of your personal information. To help keep your personal information up-to-date, we encourage you to notify us of any changes. Notification of address or telephone number changes help us provide the best possible service. If, upon review of your personal information, you discover any inaccuracies, please contact us. If requested, we will also provide you with a copy of the corrected information.
- If you choose to provide the Town with personal information in an e-mail or by filling out an electronic form and submitting it to the Town through our websites, the Town will use that information to respond to your message and to assist us to provide you the requested information or service. Subscription services may be modified either through your personal account settings or by contacting the Town.
- E-mail messages are subject to the FOIP Act. The personal information you share with the Town is provided only to those areas that are required to carry out the business that relates to you. All e-mail messages sent or received are the property of the Town and may be accessed by Administration without further consent of the author
- All Town employees are informed about our policies and procedures for protecting personal information and the importance of complying with them is routinely reinforced.
For More Information
Town of Barrhead
Barrhead, AB T7N 1A2