Temporary Outdoor Dining Patios
On June 8, 2021, Council approved the ability for food & drink establishments to use Town-owned sidewalks for Temporary Outdoor Dining Patios.
- Development application, at no cost to the Applicant, must be submitted requesting use of the sidewalk,
- Applicant must enter into a license agreement with the Town of Barrhead,
- Temporary Patios may be as small as one table that only accommodates two (2) chairs,
- Temporary Patios shall only be permitted for Bars and Neighbourhood Pubs; Breweries, Wineries and Distilleries, Restaurants, and Specialty Food Services Uses operating under an exisitng valid Development Permit.
- Temporary patios shall extend no later than November 1,
- No outdoor audio-visual equipment may be used on a temporary patio
- Barrier free access must be provided to, and thorughout the temporary patio and any temporary pedestrian walkways at the sole expense of the Applicant, maintaining a clear path of pedestrian travel
For more information and to apply, contact Cheryl Callihoo, Development Officer, at 780-674-3301 or firstname.lastname@example.org