Administrative Executive Assistant
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Hours of Work:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of Town Council meeting agendas with a high degree of proficiency and confidentiality.
- Preparation of agenda and recording of minutes for various Committee Meetings.
- Develop and maintain the Town's Records Management system with accuracy and precision, including document scanning, filing and directory management.
- Maintenance of the Municipal Bylaw records system.
- Policy research, development and records management of policies.
- Administration of Accounts Receivable System including invoicing, processing monthly statements and collection procedures.
- Assistance with various municipal financial systems as directed, such as month end processes, budgeting and year end reporting.
- Data entry in financial systems including property taxes, utilities and receivables.
- Answering all incoming phone calls, redirecting calls and forwarding messages to appropriate staff members.
- General office duties which may include composing correspondence, keyboarding, filing, photocopying and customer service.
- Other tasks as delegated by the Director of Corporate Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains/Diamond Municipal Software
- Competent with Microsoft Office programs with a strong emphasis on Word, Excel, Access or related software.
- Ability to attend training course, some of which may be out of town, when required.
- Ability handle sensitive information with professionalism and confidentiality.
- Familiarity with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills while dealing with time-sensitive responsibilities.
- Self-starter, able to work effectively on their own.
- Effective problem-solving skills aligned with the ability to stream-line and improve upon current administrative processes.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service.
- Excellent organizational, written and communication skills.
- Positive and engaging personality
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Maintain standards of conduct and confidentiality
- Demonstrates professionalism when responding to general inquiries and complaints
- Demonstrate a dedication to the position and the community.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
Additional Information:The Town of Barrhead is pleased to offer the successful candidate competitive wages, excellent benefits package, Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP), and many professional development opportunities. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest.
Submit your resume in confidence to:
Kathy Vickery, Director of Corporate Services
Or in-person at 5014-50 Avenue, Barrhead, Alberta
Or mail: Box 4189, Barrhead, AB T7N 1A2
If submitting a resume in person, please ensure that it is secured in a sealed envelope.