Arena & Parks Operator I
ARENA & PARKS OPERATOR I- PERMANENT
Reporting to the Parks and Recreation Foreman this position provides a high standard of customer service. This position assists in the operation and maintenance of all town recreation amenities. This position assists in the maintenance and fostering a strong safety program and culture.
Hours of Work:
40hrs/week of shift work (evenings and weekends required).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Complete all that all pertinent forms as required.
· Follow safe work practices and procedures in accordance to OH&S Codes and Regulations.
· Read and follow all WHIMS material and data sheets.
· Read and understand task related hazards assessments.
· Complete site-specific hazard assessments when required.
· Participate in staff/safety meetings or training.
· Other duties as required.
· Ensures that all recreation areas and facilities are safe for public and staff.
· Perform duties required to ensure operation of town facilities.
· Perform duties to maintain all sports fields and parks.
· Performs duties needed to maintain cemetery.
· Ensure safe work environment for yourself and other staff.
· Ensure all equipment is maintained and safe for usage.
· Order supplies and equipment as instructed.
· Operation of machinery as required.
· Other special projects as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Arena Operator Level 1, Parks & Sports Field Level 1 and Building Maintenance Level 1 courses preferred.
· Standard First Aid
· Excellent team work and communication skills.
· Able to work under both general supervision and independently.
· Ability to handle emergency situations as they arise, good under pressure.
· Related experience in a similar field is an asset.
$20.50 - $26 per hour (Depending on Experience)
This position remains open until the right candidate is found.
The Town of Barrhead is pleased to offer the successful candidate competitive wages, based on previous experience, education, and suitability for the position. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest.
Submit your application and/or resume to:
Jonathan Hynes, Parks & Recreation Foreman
PO Box 4112
Barrhead, AB, T7N 1A1
In person at 5609-47 Street (Barrhead Regional Aquatics Centre)